Thursday, September 9, 2010

Review : Lakme Face Magic Daily Wear Souffle


Hello Hello..

Since I have done 2 posts on skincare products I have decided to go rogue today and do a makeup product review! ;)

I do not use make up on a daily basis. Only when I go out with friends and feel I need to look better than my usual days (light coverage/lip gloss/kajal). Or if I am attending a wedding or some function(foundation/blush/eye shadow/lisptick/gloss etc etc).

So when I require only a light coverage I use the Lakme face magic daily wear souffle.

What Lakme says about the souffle -

"A lightweight water based foundation that gently evens out your complexion. With the goodness of Sunscreen, Cucumber extracts and Vitamin E, it provides UV protection in addition to soothing and moisturising your skin, giving you a natural flawless glow. "

I have the souffle in Natural Pearl - for light skin. It's a good first time product. But it requires a lot of work while applying. On it's own the product doesn't work for me. It leaves creases. Definitely does not moisturise my skin. I add in a drop or two of the Forest Essentials light day lotion, mix it in really well and apply it to my face. Then blend, blend, blend, blend.. Once set it stays for good amount of time. Doesn't require touch ups. It can be used as a foundation for heavy makeup too.. But if you require strong coverage this isn't the product for you.

I bought this is a while back and didn't use up much of it since at that time I did not have a good moisturiser to mix it with. Now I use it fairly regularly along with the FE lotion. I am not sure if this is still available, I had picked it up in one of the Lakme salon's I used to frequent. ( On a side note Lakme salon's are too expensive for the service they offer. I now go to Green Trends. They are awesome ! )



Would I buy it again? Probably not. I am looking for a good tinted moisturiser that I can use as a daily wear. If you already have the Lakme souffle and find that it's too flaky or creasy, I suggest you mix it with your favourite moisturiser and blend well. It will work.

It's oil-free and comes in 3 different shades. Price - Rs. 95 for 30 ml when I bought it. May cost more now.


** Click on the image for larger view **

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.